Thursday, October 22, 2015

Savory Carrot-Cashew Soup

This week, I Heart Cooking Clubs (IHCC) is featuring recipes by Ellie Krieger that feature one or more orange hued ingredients. This shouldn't be difficult. Think butternut squash, sweet potatoes, carrots, papaya, oranges and other citrus fruit, persimmons, pumpkins, mangoes....you get the idea.

Perusing Ellie Krieger's website I came across this tasty recipe for carrot soup. Carrot soup is one of those dishes I've been meaning to make for years, but never did. Why? Who knows. Fortunately, I tried this recipe. It's tasty, filling and healthy.  Most importantly, my husband and I really liked it.  This recipe is a keeper. You can find it here: Carrot-Cashew Soup. 


 
To see what other members of IHCC came up with go here. I think you will be pleasantly surprised. 

9 comments:

  1. I have never tried carrot soup myself! Got to change that, it looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried carrot soup either, it looks so creamy and lush.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I chuckled while reading your post because I've been wanting to make carrot soup also! Mainly because I love carrots, but also because I love the orange color, and because I think there would be endless options for toppings and garnishes. The cashews on top are a prime example of that! This looks luscious! Awesome choice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carrot cashew soups sounds delicious. I am glad it was a hit in your house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was super close to making this soup this week because it looked so good (and so orange!). Glad to hear how much you liked it--I am adding it to my Ellie "to make" list. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like Deb, I almost make this soup but I didn't have cashews, so I make the savory sweet potato soup instead. Both are so packed with orangey goodness! I guess I'm overloaded with beta carotene. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always add a few pieces of carrots in my stock or soup. They make everything taste better and sweeter. Good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Strange enough, I realised I've never tried carrot soup before either. I'm sure the cashew nuts gave this carrot soup even better taste. I'm going to try this soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carrot soup is so good. I haven't made it in ages. Will now. Looks warm and comforting.

    ReplyDelete