Saturday, October 10, 2015

Balsamic Chicken with Baby Spinach and Couscous from Ellie Krieger

This blog has been dormant for a little over two years. I had been part of two on-line cooking groups, but stopped during an especially challenging year at work. Fortunately that is behind me and I'm ready to restart.  I found iheartcookingclubs  This blog features one cook for about six months. This week we welcome Ellie Krieger.

I am really happy she is the featured chef. I recently found The Food You Crave at our library's used book store and it is full of great looking recipes. Also, both my husband and I are thinking about eating healthier. Ms. Krieger is a nutritionist as well as a cook, so she keeps the recipes healthy.

Balsamic Chicken with Baby Spinach and Couscous is described as a great dish for "a busy mom who is really cranky when she's hungry."  Even though I am an empty-nester, I can identify with the cranky when hungry part.  The dish requires a little prep and then comes together quickly.  I really enjoyed that although the dish was easy to make, it wasn't dull.  There was a great combination of flavors; the spinach by itself would make a tasty side dish.




You can find the recipe in The Food You Crave or on-line at this link here.  Head over to I Heart Cooking Clubs to see what other cooks enjoyed.

6 comments:

  1. Glad you a bringing your blog back to life and cooking along with the group - I've had a bit of a blogging hiatus myself over the last few months - and this dish looks like a great way to begin. This looks like a dish that would be perfect for a quick and tasty mid-week dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never seem to have enough spinach. This is one delicious way to add more spinach on my dinner plate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so happy to have you join us at IHCC! The Food You Crave is one of my favorite Ellie books. Not nearly as many pictures as I'd like, but it is certainly packed with what I think are family-pleasing meals. This meal you've chosen reminds me of a dish I had at a restaurant. I think the balsamic goes a long way in adding flavor. I'm going to hold on to this recipe so I can try it for myself:) Looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Looking forward to see you again this week on IHCC. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a delicious looking dish! I have this book of Ellie's and love it too.
    Great to have you cooking along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to IHCC (and welcome back to blogging)! We are happy to have you cooking along with us and Ellie. The Food You Crave is full of great recipes and Ellie's recipes make eating healthier easy and delicious--this dish is a great example. ;-0

    ReplyDelete