Sunday, January 3, 2016

Maple Glazed Walnuts

"It's In Your Hands" is this week's theme at I Heart Cooking Clubs (IHCC).  Any food that doesn't require a fork, spoon, chopstick or other implement is fair game.  Because it's the last day of my winter break and our girls are home, I've decided to go really easy this week. 

Maple Glazed Walnuts require only 3 ingredients, easily found if not already in your cupboard. My only hesitation was pouring maple syrup into an unoiled skillet. I was afraid it might be impossible to wash off.  Turns out that frequent stirring while cooking and quickly soaking the pan once you're finished cooking makes for easy cleaning.

The recipe can be found in The Food You Crave by Ellie Krieger or here.  The walnuts are crunchy and sweet, but not too sweet. They are also addictive.
 To see other tasty hand-held treats look here.

5 comments:

  1. Yes, I could just pop these right in my mouth (one right after another - no doubt)! If I had any leftover after that I would enjoy them on a salad. I love glazed nuts on a salad for that sweet pop of flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made these a while back as part of a healthy honey walnut shrimp dish and loved how easy and tasty they are. I was worried about the pan too but it did clean up just fine. You make me want to make them again just for snacking on. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A simple snack with yummy deliciousness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could finish a whole bowl of this in no time at all!

    ReplyDelete